The Board of Perry Township Trustees met in Special Session on Friday, December 28, 2007 at 9:00 a.m. at the Community Room in East Liberty. Roll Call: Gary Baker, present, Jeff Rosebrook, present, Merle Ackley, present, and Cindy Stalling, present. Also present was Keith Montgomery and Bonnie Brose. 
The minutes of the previous meeting was given to the Trustees to read prior to this meeting. Mr. Baker asked if there were any additions or corrections to the minutes, and they stand approved. 
Mr. Baker asked if there were any additions or corrections to the financial statements that were given to the trustees from the fiscal officer. They stand approved.
Chief Montgomery reported that there are 15 members of the fire dept. who would like to attend FDIC in April in Indiana. If they pay for this in January it is a lot cheaper. Would it be okay if the fire dept. paid for it out of their personal fund and then the township reimburses them for the fee? Mr. Merle Ackley made a motion to send the 15 to FDIC and to reimburse the fire dept. for the fees, seconded by Mr. Gary Baker. Baker, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Ackley, yes. 
Chief wanted to know how the meeting with the Log. Co. Prosecutor went pertaining to the fire dept? Mr. Baker reported that it is quite a process to terminate someone, Mr. Heaton advised asking them to resign first. Chief wanted to know if the Trustees had anymore thoughts as to what to do with the fire dept? Mr. Baker stated that he wants to see a medic there at the fire house all the time. Keith said to do that we would need to have 4 medics. Keith said that Margie is probably out of work until about April. 
Chief said that we would need to have 4 medics for 24 hrs. per day, and then have an EMT there 8 hrs. per day, and then fill in with the volunteers. All trustees want to see a medic at the fire house full-time. Keith said that if we hire 4 medics they would only have to work 5 days per month. Keith wants to stay with our volunteers on the weekends. He feels that the volunteers can provide coverage on the weekends. 
Mr. Baker brought up about seeing Dustin Cook in early December at Wal-Mart when he was on call for the fire dept. Chief Montgomery seen him the same night in Wal-Mart too. After some discussion, all agreed that we are going to deduct $25.00 from Dustin’s pay next pay period for this day, and also anyone getting caught being farther than the 5 mile limit from the township, when on call, can NOT sign up for 30 days. If you get caught a second time you can not sign up for 6 months. 
Chief Montgomery reported that the fire dept. had 120 runs in 2007.
Chief said that the volunteers want to know when the Shop is going to be turned over to the fire dept. They want to put together a committee to work on changing the meeting room. This is okay with the trustees. Chief said that they want to have input on the meeting room. 
Chief said that the sink at the fire house is leaking. Mr. Baker will look into this.
Mr. Baker wanted to know about accommodations for the medic for the 24 hr. coverage, is there anything that we need to change at the fire house? Keith would like to have the bedroom brought downstairs and put back by the washer and dryer. After some discussion, Mr. Baker told the Chief to decide what changes they want to see made and contact Triple C Construction to get a quote for the changes.
Chief reported that the drug licenses have come back, but there are some drugs not on the list, so Candy Frangis is working on getting the changes made to the license.
Keith reported that his Mom, Ruby Montgomery wanted to thank the Trustees for plowing out their driveway.
Mr. Merle Ackley stated that he thinks that the fire dept. did a tremendous job this year.
All trustees agreed that Chief Montgomery talk to the medics we have on staff now and see if any of them are interested in staying on with Perry Township or if we are going to have to hire some new ones. Chief will talk to them before our next meeting.
Chief wanted to know if the phone bill was okay now, Mrs. Stalling told him, yes we are not going over our minutes now.
Mr. Baker reported that he went down to the fire house to look at the AED to see what kind of phone we needed to hook it up with the hospital. Mr. Lance Emberling told Mr. Baker that it is already hooked up. He hooked it up when we got it and that it is working fine.
Mr. Baker talked to Rick Powers of TRC about the fire contract, Mr. Powers stated that the budget for 2008 has already been set, but he will look into giving the fire dept. a raise for the contract in 2009.
The trustees would like to see the Fire Dept. re-submit the grant. Mr. Baker will contact Ms. Laurie Collins and see if she will do it for us again this year.
Mrs. Bonnie Brose, janitor, thanked the fire dept. for hosing out the shelter houses at the park every Friday for her. She also thanked the Trustees for a good year.
Mrs. Brose would like to see the kitchen and the bathroom in the Community Room painted. She will get the paint.
Mrs. Brose reported that when she was working in the library, Chrys Martin came in to fax a paper overseas, and Bonnie wouldn’t let her do it. Since the township pays the phone bill for the library, she refused to let her send the fax, because she knew it would be costly to do so.
Mrs. Bonnie Brose thanked the township for the 20 movies they purchased for the library.
Mr. Merle Ackley brought up that there are a lot of potholes on some of our roads, especially T.R. 141. We need to keep patching them, but we need to fix them in the summer. Mr. Ackley felt that the township had a good year, and he thanked Mr. Montgomery and Mrs. Brose for all they do for the township.
Mr. Ackley brought up about the Girl Scouts meeting in our rooms? That has changed again; the Girl Scouts will now be meeting at the E.L. United Methodist Church.
Mr. Baker reported that he is working on a website for the township. He wanted to know if he could put Bonnie’s home phone number on it since she is who is in charge of the reservations for the Community Room, the Lodge Hall and the Park. Bonnie said that is was okay to put her home phone on the website.
Mrs. Brose reported that Violet Johnson used the Lodge Hall and they smoked in there, and they are not suppose to.
Mr. Baker reported that Escom Pack called him again about his water problem. He said that his drain tile and his neighbor’s tile tie in together then goes towards C.R. 154. He doesn’t know where it goes from there; Mr. Baker wants the three trustees to go together and check it out and see what is going on.
Mr. Baker brought up about the Christmas Light Contest, there needs to be some changes made in the contest. He thinks we need to find some different judges, as only one set of judges showed up this year. Mr. Baker would like it to be that if you won last year, you can’t win this year. He said that there weren’t that many homes decorated this year and most of the ones that were, had won in the last 3 years. Mr. Jeff Rosebrook made a motion that if you win one year you can’t win the next but then you are eligible in two years to win again, seconded by Mr. Gary Baker. Baker, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Ackley, yes. Trustees are going to try and find some independent judges to start doing the judging.
Mr. Baker brought up about the Public Records Policy that we need to put into effect for Perry Township. The two other trustees had not had a chance to really go over it yet, so it was tabled until the next meeting.
Mr. Baker suggested that we put into effect a policy for the fire dept. that whoever is on call and the weather gets bad, that the ones on call comes to the fire house while they are on call. 
Mr. Jeff Rosebrook reported that he received an order base for Eber Boysel.
Mrs. Stalling brought up about the survey that we are getting ready to send out. She had sent letters to all zoning board members to get any changes or feedback from any of them. None of us has heard from any of the members. Mr. Baker said that he would like to see commercial and residential wind turbines put on the surveys. Cindy will take the survey to Mrs. Snapp of LUC Regional Planning Commission and have her make the changes and then have her get the surveys copied so we can get them in the mail to the residents of Perry Township.
Mr. Merle Ackley brought up about getting some of our roads re-done next summer and also getting some of the roads striped as well. 
Mr. Merle Ackley would like to replace the big truck by next fall. 
Mr. Ackley wanted to know if we get an ice storm is it okay if he goes to the county and gets a load of pure salt for the roads.
Mr. Jeff Rosebrook would like to see Bible Road marked for the turn around. He wasn’t sure where to turn around at when he plowed out there, so he had to back all the way out of it. Mr. Ackley would like to get some stone for a turn around out there.
Mr. Jeff Rosebrook wanted to know what the other Trustees felt about plowing out the elderly in town and the ones with medical problems. Mr. Baker wanted to know just where do we draw the line? He was plowing at the last snow fall and his cell phone rang and a lady ripped him about him plowing alleys and drives in East Liberty when the township road that she lives on had not been plowed yet. All Trustees agreed that we should get Mr. Heaton’s opinion on this subject. Mrs. Stalling will email him and see what he says. All trustees did agree that they will make sure that all the roads and alleys are done first before any drives are done.
Mr. Gary Baker brought up about whether the trustees would stay on salary or go on per diem for 2008. Mr. Merle Ackley made a motion to stay on salary, seconded by Mr. Rosebrook. Baker, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Ackley, yes.
Mrs. Stalling had the paperwork for our representative for the LUC board for 2008; Mr. Jeff Rosebrook said that he would be on the board for 2008.
Mrs. Stalling brought up that our next quarterly meeting is Jan. 10, 2008 at 7:00 p.m. at Ohio Hi-Point JVS.
Mrs. Stalling brought up that Mug-A-Bug sent a postcard and if we order our chemicals for mosquito spraying before Jan. 15 we do not have to pay any shipping and handling. Mr. Ackley brought up that he does not want to do West Mansfield this next year if they ask, because of the liability reasons. He said that when they fog over there that the people stay on the sidewalks and get in front of the truck when they are fogging. Mr. Ackley thought that we should need 2 drums to fog us for next season, but he will check out how much we have left over and go ahead and do the ordering before Jan. 15.
Mrs. Stalling had the paper for the VFFDF members for 2008. All trustees agreed to make the Legislative members: Gary Baker and Jeff Rosebrook, the Fire Dept. members are: Keith Montgomery and Sandy Wilcox and the other member voted on by the other members is: Doug Henry. The secretary for the board is Jeff Rosebrook.
Mrs. Stalling had two copies of the TRC fire contract for the Trustees to sign. We will keep one on file and send one back to TRC.
Mrs. Stalling and Mr. Baker went up last week and got swore into office by Judge Michael Brady. Mrs. Stalling had the bond book for us to sign.
Mr. Baker reported that he is working on the website and hopes to have it up and running shortly.
The total for the bills for December is: $ 30,991.34
The income for December is: $ 18,026.58

Mr. Gary Baker made a motion for adjournment, seconded by Mr. Merle Ackley. Baker, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Ackley, yes. 

Respectfully submitted by:

_________________________________
Cindy Stalling, Fiscal Officer

Accepted by Perry Township Trustees:

__________________________________
Mr. Gary Baker

__________________________________
Mr. Jeff Rosebrook