The Board of Perry Township Trustees met in Regular Session on Monday, July 12, 2010 at 7:00 p.m. at the East Liberty Community Room.  Roll Call: Merle Ackley, present, Jeff Rosebrook, present, Gary Baker, present and Cindy Stalling, present.  Also present was Melony Baker, Bonnie Brose, John Brose, Howie Kaiser,  Dave Cook, Tom Cunningham, Keith Montgomery, Bev Wolf, Dave and Lori James, Mitch Current and Doug Henry.    

           The minutes of the previous meeting was given to the Trustees to read prior to this meeting.  Mr. Ackley asked if there were any additions or corrections to the minutes and then asked if there were any additions or corrections to the financial statements that were given to the Trustees from the fiscal officer.  They both stand approved.

 Ackley, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Baker, yes.

     Mr. Dave James was in attendance to present his fuel pre-pay for 2010-2011 season. After figuring our carryover and what we used this past season.  Mr. Merle Ackley made a motion to purchase 4,000 gallons, at 168.9 per gallon, 3,000 going to the fire house and 1,000 going to the Temperance St. Garage, seconded by Mr. Jeff Rosebrook.  Ackley, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Baker, yes.

     Mrs. Bev Wolf stated that she needs help tomorrow at the food pantry, Chief said OK.

     Mr. Tom Cunningham wanted to know if we had heard anything from Hi-Q Egg Farms as to whether they had gotten their permits yet or not.  The Farm Bureau and the Government Board are trying to get passed that at the end of this year; there will be no more caged birds. All birds will have to be free-running.  Any caged birds prior to this passing would be grandfathered in, and could stay in their cages.  Mr. Cunningham was wondering if they got their permit for access from St. Rt. 47 yet or not, no one knew the answer.

     Mrs. Bonnie Brose thanked everyone that helped out with the July 10 celebration.  She stated that PTEC doubled their money from last year.

     Mr. Mitch Current reported that the lockers were delivered last Friday.  He stated that they have the biggest one put up and they would like to have Triple C put up the rest of them. Trustees want to get a price from Triple C to see what they would charge us to put them up.  Mr. Current also contacted HBI Electric as there is some conduit and wiring that has to be moved in order to put up the lockers.  Mitch said that it is going to take 21 or 22 2’ x 6’ on the wall to hang these lockers.  He would like to go ahead and get the boards and get them painted, and then have Triple C put them up.  Trustees told him to go ahead and get the boards from the West Mansfield Ace Hardware.  

      Mrs. Melony Baker reported that she has talked to Mr. Paul Benedetti, and the motorcycle parade will be Aug. 6 and they will be meeting at Perry Park.  The parade will start between8:15- 8:30 and the bikes will go through town and the up CR 10 to Bellefontaine.  Mr. Benedetti stated that he would like to have the park closed to cars and trucks once the bikes are down at the park.  Mrs. Baker would like to have the squad present at the park because of the crowd we have.  There will be NO motorcycle vendors. 

     Mr. Dave Cook reported that the squad is running good. 

     Mr. Doug Henry thanked the trustees for the new lockers and he stated that he thinks they are going to be a real asset to the department.

     Mr. Dave Cook stated that the new employees are doing a real good job; they have been cleaning and doing some painting. 

     Chief Montgomery reported that the fire dept. is going to be getting some lock boxes. Reliant, HBI, Ralinski and TRC are interested in having these.  This way the fire dept. can get into these businesses without knocking down their doors. 

     Chief wanted to know what to do with the old wooden lockers?  Trustees said that they would have Dave tear them down and take them up to the shop, as there are boards that we can re-use from them.

     Mr. Cook stated that the sidewalk in front of Bill Reed’s property is done and Mr. Baker stated that it looks really nice.

     Mr. Baker reported that they squad had 1” of black sludge in the bottom of the gas tank. Mr. Baker stated that he checked the tank at

Temperance St.
and it was clean.  So they aren’t sure what is causing it to do this.  Mr. James suggested that we put an additive called Microbicidie in the tank at Temp. St.  Mr. James will see if he can get some of this for us. 

     Mr. Baker reported that he got the new toilet paper holders and the baby changing tables up in the restroom at the park.  Bonnie stated that this was a big help last Sat.

     The Trustees met with Mrs. Barbara Akey Tourney out on SR 292 at the old AkeyCemetery site.  There was a 10’ x 10’ area staked off to put up a monument with the names of who is buried there on it.   After some discussion, the Trustees and Mrs. Tourney agreed on the 10’ x 10’ area, which we moved down some after looking at the original area that was staked off.  Mr. Rosebrook stated that his only concern is that there will only be room for 1 car to pull off at a time.  Mr. Ackley and Mr. Baker said that they didn’t think there would be a lot of traffic stopping by to look at it anyways. 

Mr. Merle Ackley made a motion to accept the 10’ x 10’ area that the Trustees and Mrs. Tourney agreed upon, seconded by Mr. Baker.  Ackley, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Baker, yes. Mrs. Stalling will contact Mr. Heaton to let him know we all agreed on this area, so he can contact Mr. Bill Montgomery to get this all taken care of.

     Mr. Baker brought up about what kind of a monument we would need as far as space for the names to be put on, what size would we need?  It was also brought up that maybe we just put up some sort of a plaque.  Mrs. Wolf and Mrs. Baker said that they would prefer a monument instead of a plaque.  They also would like it to be vertical that way everyone can see it. Trustees discussed this a little bit and Mr. Baker will get some prices for a monument from Mannasmith before our next meeting. 

     Mr. Baker will also contact Mr. Wenger about the fence to go around the area of the cemetery.  

     Mr. Baker reported that the cerpatine belt has been replaced on the 1 ton dump truck again, and Ken has ordered pulleys for it as well.  Mr. Baker brought up that maybe we need to start looking about replacing this truck before winter, all trustees agreed to this.  Mr. Baker will call and get some prices before our next meeting.

      Mr. Rosebrook has ordered a couple valances, for the lights that have gone out during a recent storm.

     Mr. Rosebrook went out and dug up behind Doug Wills’s property where it is swampy, and Jeff went back out and it still had not dried up yet, he can’t figure out what it going on out there.  Jeff stated that there is a gray/black muck in the hole, and he never hit any tile while he was digging.  

     Mr. Rosebrook brought up about the transit on the parking lot beside the fire house, he put in some stakes and the top of the stakes is level with the top of the road.  Merle and Gary will go and check this out before our next meeting.

     Mr. Rosebrook brought up about the merry-go-round at the park.  It has broke and some little guy got hurt on it at the July celebration.  The merry-go-round was removed this morning. The trustees were talking about replacing it, and Mrs. Bonnie Brose said that they are outlawed to be in parks now, and that we had better check into this.  We still need to remove the concrete that is still there. 

     Mr. Rosebrook thanked the Fire Dept. and PTEC for all that they do for the township.

     Mr. Ackley also thanked those two as well.  Merle reported that the roads have been mowed.  Mr. Ackley also had Dave paint the parking curbs before last Sat.

     Mrs. Stalling reported that at a recent meeting at the County Engineers office we were told that all our road signs have to be replaced by 2015.  Cindy passed out a price list that the county sent us as to what they paid for the signs that they have ordered this year.

     It was brought up as to whether we are going to put stop signs at the end of the alleys or not?  Mr. Baker stated that he thinks we should put them up and Mr. Ackley agreed.

     We will be having a special meeting on Thursday, August 5, 2010 at noon 12:00 to open bids for the Park Storm Drain Improvement project.  Mr. Bow will be at that meeting with us.

     Mr. Baker reported that Bobcat has come and done the 250 hour service on the skid loader and they brought the bucket we ordered for it with them when they came.

     Mr. Baker talked to the owner of the pasture where the fireworks are set off to see if it was okay to set them off again this year.  He told Gary “Yes, but he does appreciate being called each year and asked”.

     Mr. Baker brought up about the floor of the back shelter house at the park.  It is cracked pretty badly.  There are 2 or 3 floors on top of each other and they are all cracked.  After some discussion, all the trustees agreed to have Triple C Construction go and take a look at it and give us a quote on what it would cost to replace it.  And while they are at the park would they also give us a quote on a 20’ x 30’ shelter house for up around the playground?     Also give us a quote on the handicap entrance into the newer shelter house.

    Mr. Baker had Chief Montgomery give us a list of all the employees at the fire dept. and what they make per hour.  All trustee looked the list over and they are all in agreement with this list.

      Mr. Baker reported that he has a funeral Saturday at 3:00 in GreenLawn Cemetery.

     Mrs. Stalling stated that she signed all of us up for the Public Records Class that is going to be held in Russells Point on Thursday, August 12, 2010 from 5:00-8:15 p.m.

     Mrs. Stalling had a new contract from Huntington Bank for us to sign. 

     The Street Dance will be on August 21, 2010.

    Chief Montgomery wanted to know if he could get the Jaw of Life serviced as they have not been serviced for 4 years.  Mr. Ackley made a motion for said purchase, seconded by Mr. Baker.  Ackley, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Baker, yes.

  Mr. Merle Ackley made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Mr. Jeff Rosebrook.  Ackley, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Baker, yes.

 

TOTAL OF BILLS:                                         $55,806.18

 

INCOME FOR JUNE                                     $44,570.18

  

    Mr. Merle Ackley made a motion for adjournment, seconded by Mr. Gary Baker.  Ackley, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Baker, yes.

 

                                                Respectfully submitted by:

 

                                                __________________________             

                                                Cindy Stalling, fiscal officer