The Board of Perry Township Trustees met in Regular Session on Monday, March 14, 2011 at 7:00 p.m. at the Community Room in East Liberty.  Roll Call: Jeff Rosebrook, present, Gary Baker, present, Merle Ackley, present, and Cindy Stalling, present.  Also present was Melony Baker, Howie Kaiser, Dan Ackley, Dave Frangis, Dave Cook, and Jennifer Bowman.

     Chairman Jeff Rosebrook called the meeting to order.

           The minutes of the previous meeting was given to the Trustees to read prior to this meeting.  Mr. Rosebrook asked if there were any additions or corrections to the minutes and there was one correction made by Mr. Baker.  The building that Honda is putting up is a 3 million dollar building not a 3 billion dollar building.

          Mr. Rosebrook asked if there were any additions or corrections to the financial statements that were given to the Trustees from the fiscal officer.  They stand approved.  

     Mrs. Bonnie Brose, janitor, reported that the Lodge Hall looks really nice, the new carpet looks good, and the repaired wall looks really good.  John got all the dust cleaned up, it took several moppings to get it off of the floor. 

     Mr. Dave Frangis, thanked the trustees for letting the firemen go to FDIC in Indianapolis, Indiana.

     Mr. Dave Cook, squad chief, reported that they would like to have  a couple of locks on the day room.  He stated they are going to pass the word that everyone use the side door after 10 p.m. When Mrs. Bowman stays the night she would like to have some locks on the doors. All trustees thought this was a good idea and all agreed to have Triple C Construction put on the locks.

     Mr. Cook wanted to have an update on Howie.  Mr. Baker stated that Howie is still on light duty, he is taking medication now and went for more testing today.  He has also lost some weight.

     Mr. Merle Ackley reported that he and Dave bermed the roads where there had been wash outs. 

     Mr. Ackley asked about the new truck, Mr. Baker said that we should get the new truck next week. 

     Mr. Ackley reported that the roads have been cleaned.

     Mr. Baker reported that he ordered the caution-vision signs and they have came in and Dave put them up today.   Mr. Baker reported that we have a hearing impaired resident on N. Main St. as well, so these signs will help with that too.

     Mr. Baker reported that when the Carpet Gallery were doing the new carpet in the Lodge Hall, he had them go over and look at the Community Room.  They said that the  carpet in the C.R. is laid on top of old carpet.  They were surprised that we haven’t had any mold.  They told Gary to replace the carpet with carpet compatible with what we have in the Lodge Hall would cost $2,745.00.  After some discussion, Mr. Jeff Rosebrook made a motion to replace the carpet in the C.R., seconded by Mr. Gary Baker.  Rosebrook, yes, Baker, yes and Ackley, yes.

     Mr. Baker reported that Shawndel Wilson still wants to find the stones at the Akey Cemetery, Mr. Jay Ackley, new owner of the land, told Mrs. Wilson to do whatever she wanted, as he would like to know where the stones are as well. 

     Mr. Baker called B&L about new blades for the truck.  They only had 6 left, so Mr. Baker took all of them.

     Mr. Baker went down and talked to the FF/Medic that was making the personal calls on the phone bill.  The FF/Medic said he wasn’t aware that he wasn’t allowed to make personal calls on the phone, and he told Mr. Baker that he won’t do it anymore.  He is suppose to be using the cell phone down there if he needs to be making personal calls.

      Mr. Baker had quotes from H&S Asphalt:
1) for blacktopping the parking lot beside the fire house   $ 23,400.00

2) for widening the drive and blacktopping it at the park  $22,725.00

We will be providing the gravel for both projects. 

After some discussion, Mr. Gary Baker made a motion to accept both quotes, seconded by Mr. Merle Ackley.  Rosebrook, yes, Baker, yes and Ackley yes.  Mr. Baker will contact H&S and let them know we accepted their quotes.

     Mr. Jeff Rosebrook reported that he and Dave were working on the lights at the Lodge Hall.  Mr. Rosebrook would like to replace the 12 lights in the Big Room at the Lodge Hall, it would cost $1,483.53 from HBI Electric for parts and labor.  Mr. Baker made a motion to replace the lights, seconded by Mr. Rosebrook.  Rosebrook, yes, Baker, yes and Ackley, yes.

     Mr Rosebrook will be attending the meeting on March 31, 2011 at the Logan County Health Dept. 

     Mr. Gary Baker reported that Mr. George Clapsaddle contacted him about getting the restroom in the Lodge Hall ADA approved.  We would need to put in a ramp.  All trustees agreed to get a quote from Triple C Construction to do this project.

     Mr. Baker also reported that when Triple C fixed the wall in the Lodge Hall he had them put a steel angle iron in the basement to help support the wall in the Lodge Hall.

     Mr. Baker had a camera for hot spots for the fire dept. to look at.  He got the camera from Sears for $ 2,174.43. He put it on his personal credit card and had the firemen at the meeting look at it.  The fire fighters in attendance were in agreement that this is what they were wanting. So, Mr. Jeff Rosebrook made a motion to purchase this camera and reimburse Mr. Baker for it, seconded by Mr. Merle Ackley.  Rosebrook, yes, Baker, yes and Ackley, yes.

     Mr. Dan Ackley, zoning inspector, reported that he met with Honda and Mr. Brent Shiers got the permit for their new building project.  They will be sending the check to Dan.  Mr. Shiers told Dan that they have a couple more projects that they need to do and they would still like to see us put a cap on our zoning permit fees. 

     Mr. Rosebrook brought up that Mr. Jim Meddles contacted him about the alley between his property and Brays property.  Is it a closed alley.  Mrs. Stalling stated that Katie Meddles had contacted her a couple weeks ago, and Mrs. Stalling called the Map room and was told that the alley is not closed.   Mr. Meddles told Mr. Rosebrook that they are wanting to put and addition on the side of their home.  He wanted to know how to go about closing an alley?  The map room personnel told Mrs. Stalling that the property owner that is wanting to have the alley closed  will have to go to the Log. Co. Commissioner to get this started as Perry Township is not Incorporated. 

      We brought up about Spring Dumpster Day?  All trustees agreed to have it on Sat. May 14 from 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon.  Mr. Baker will call Allied Waste and get the dumpsters set up for this day.  Mrs. Stalling will advertise the day.

     Mrs. Bonnie Brose asked Mr. Rosebrook about getting the electric updated at the park prior to the July 9th celebration.  There are going to be more vendors down there this year, and there needs to be a plug-in at the fence and one at the batting cage.  The old shelter house needs fixed.  Bonnie wants Jeff to meet her down there so she can show him what she needs to have done before July 9th.

     Mr. Jeff Rosebrook made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Mr. Merle Ackley. Rosebrook, yes, Baker, yes and Ackley, yes.

 

TOTAL OF BILLS:                 $138,610.39

                                                                                                                                   

CHARGES FOR MARCH      $5,481.65

 

INCOME FOR FEBRUARY   $ 11,657.79

 

 

 

     Mr. Jeff Rosebrook made a motion for adjournment, seconded by Mr. Merle Ackley. Rosebrook, yes, Baker, yes and Ackley, yes.