The Board of Perry Township Trustees met in Regular Session on Monday, July 11, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. at the East Liberty Community Room.  Roll Call: Jeff Rosebrook, present, Merle Ackley, present, John Brose, present and Cindy Stalling, present.  Also present was Mike Yoder, Logan Brown, Bonnie Brose, Dave Cook, Keith Montgomery, Mitch Current, and Dave Frangis.

    Chairman Rosebrook called the meeting to order.

    The minutes of the previous meeting was given to the Trustees to read prior to this meeting.  Mr. Rosebrook asked if there were any additions or corrections to the minutes and then asked if there were any additions or corrections to the financial statements that were given to the Trustees from the fiscal officer.  They both stand approved by the trustees.

     Mrs. Bonnie Brose thanked the Trustees and the Fire Dept. for all their help with the 4th of July Celebration.  She brought donuts to the meeting to show her appreciation.

     Mr. Mike Yoder, Logan Co. Auditor had received the resolution from 6-11-12 requesting certification for the 1.5 mill levy for the Fire Dept.  It was stated that we would put it on as a renewal levy, but after much discussion, Mr. Merle Ackley made a motion to change it to a replacement levy, seconded by Mr. Jeff Rosebrook.  Rosebrook, yes, Ackley, yes and Brose, yes.  Mr. Yoder stated that by making it a replacement levy it will bring in $77,000.00 per year, instead of $62,000.00.  So for a $100,000.00 home it would cost around $25.45 per year for this levy.  Mr. Yoder had the figures all broke down for the trustees to see.  Then Mr. Yoder explained all about the taxes with us.  Mr. Yoder explained that the tax for Honda is on Hondas land and the building, and not on its contents.  Mr. Yoder explained that this is not a new millage, it’s exactly same millage, it’s just calculated on a different year assessed valuation.    Mr. Yoder had a graph to explain how taxes work and how they affect Perry Township.  The tangible personal property tax (TPP) is NO more.  The state took it away, then we went to CAT tax and it’s going to be dropping off like a lead balloon said Mr. Yoder.  The CAT tax goes directly to the State and we don’t see any of it. The State wants us to get more levies so we can fund ourselves.  Mr. Yoder stated that our assessed valuation is less than ½.  There is going to be a County Auditors meeting on July 20 about budget cuts and how its’ affecting everyone.  Mr. Yoder answered a lot of questions from the trustees and also from the floor.  He is very knowledgeable about his job.  Mr. Yoder did say that the Budget Commission can come in and cut the % of the levies, they never have done this, but they have the right to do that.  The Budget Commission can also change the rates on the levies, and again they never have done this, but again they have the right too. 

     Mr. Dave Cook, squad chief, said that Sat. went well at the park with the July celebration; he stated that only 2 kids got hurt.  One cut his foot and 1 fell off of the iron horse.  And no one went down from the heat. 

     Mr. Keith Montgomery, fire chief, reported that Bud Rosebrook fixed the rescue yesterday and he also ordered a head for the grass truck.

     Chief stated that Jessica Gibson needs a new pair of bunker pants, as hers doesn’t fit anymore.  Chief said that they also need a coupler, a 6” to 2 1/2” for the dry hydrant out at Reliant.  It would cost around $392.00 for this coupler.  Chief said that the dept. needs to start using the dry hydrant out at Reliant more, the engine fits that coupler out there, but the tanker doesn’t.  Mr. Rosebrook made a motion to purchase the bunker pants and also the coupler, seconded by Mr. Ackley.  Rosebrook, yes, Ackley, yes and Brose, yes.

     Mr. Mitch Current said that the pump test on the engine needs to be done.

     Chief reported that it will take 285 days to get a new truck, the truck committee is trying to get 2 quotes, one of the quotes they are trying to get is from Pierce, it’ s a company in Warren, Ohio.  All equipment will come off of our old truck and be put on the new truck.  They are wanting a 6 man cab, custom chassis, 1 ½’ shorter at the wheel base, a bigger pump and more compartment space. 

     Chief reported that the repeaters, there is one in West Mansfield, and one in Bellefontaine, and they are putting one in Middleburg.  The repeaters are $3,200.00 each.  The dept. would like to have one in the squad and one in the engine.  Our radios have to hit a repeater to be able to communicate with each other. 

     There is Marx and digital radios and they are lots more expensive, but they are lots better radios.  Allen Twp. gave us 2 Marx radios, and we put one in the rescue and one in the engine.  After lots of discussion, the trustees told the Chief to check and see how much it would cost to put a repeater on our tower here in East Liberty.  Chief said that he would get some prices before our next meeting.

     Mr. Merle Ackley thanked everyone for helping with the 4th of July celebration.  

     Mr. Ackley reported that the sign on 141 was pointing towards the road and has been fixed. 

     Mrs. Stalling brought up about getting a plaque for Margie Cook for all her years of service to Perry Township.  All trustees agreed to get her one, Mrs. Stalling will order one and then the Trustees can present it to her at the Street Dance on Aug. 18.

      Mr. John Brose reported that the air conditioner has been fixed in the Township Building.  The well has also been drilled at Perry Park. 

     Mr. Merle Ackley reported that T.R. 132 was re-surfaced today and looks great.   He stated that the roads really need to be stripped as they are really faded out.

     Mr. Jeff Rosebrook reported that he, John and Dave repaired the pipe down on Smucker’s property and also the tile on Doug Wills property. 

     Mr. Rosebrook stated that he has done the wiring at the new shelter house and it is working really well.  We will be adding some lights to the shelter house also.  Mr. Rosebrook stated that the new well and pump has been hooked up at the park and we haven’t had any problems with the restrooms since. 

     Mr. John Brose reported that he found picnic tables for cheaper price, $500.00 less from Belson Co.  He went ahead and ordered 6 tables for the new shelter house.  They will be brown, and the company is to contact Mr. Brose prior to delivery so he can meet them to receive them.

     Mr. Rosebrook told Mr. Ackley to let him know what roads needs to be stripped and he’ll call the county and let them know.  Mr. Ackley said he knows we need to do: T.R. 129, 132, 141 and 127.

     Mr. John Brose brought up about getting rid of the junk at the shop.  All trustees agreed to have an auction, we will advertise it in the Examiner and will open bids at our next regular meeting.  Mr. Brose will be at the shop on July 16 from 3-6 p.m. for anyone to see the items.  We will accept sealed bids, and bidders will have the option to increase their bids at our meeting. 

     Mrs. Stalling reported that she received a complaint on a property on T.R. 129. The yard hasn’t been mowed yet this summer.  It’s where Tipton’s lived, but she has since learned that that property is in foreclosure, so I don’t think there is anything we can do about it.

     We received our service agreement for our Life Pak and it is $1,444.00 for the year, Mr. Merle Ackley made a motion to accept the agreement, seconded by Mr. Jeff Rosebrook.  Rosebrook, yes, Ackley, yes and Brose, yes. 

      Mr. Jeff Rosebrook made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Mr. Merle Ackley.  Rosebrook, yes, Ackley, yes, and Brose, yes.

 

TOTAL OF BILLS:                                                   $64,830.69

 

 

TOTAL OF ELECTRONIC PAYMENTS                $3,958.60

 

 

INCOME FOR JUNE                                                $65,689.16                 

 

 

 

     Chairman Rosebrook then reported that we would be going into Executive Session to discuss personnel.  We entered Executive Session at 8:45 p.m. and exited Executive Session at 9:45 p.m.

 

    Mr. Merle Ackley brought up about getting the school band for our parade next year; but they won’t come because of being out of school at that time. 

         

 

 

       Mr. Jeff Rosebrook made a motion for adjournment, seconded by Mr. Merle Ackley. Rosebrook, yes, Ackley, yes and Brose, yes.

 

 

                                                Respectfully submitted by:

 

                                                __________________________             

                                                Cindy Stalling, fiscal officer

 

 

Accepted by the Board of Perry Township Trustees:

 

 

_________________________________

Jeff Rosebrook

 

_________________________________
Merle Ackley

 

__________________________________
John Brose