The Board of Perry Township Trustees met in Regular Session on Monday, August 8, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. at the East Liberty Community Room.  Roll Call: John Brose, present, Jeff Rosebrook, present, Terry Cook, present and Cindy Stalling, present.  Also present was Bonnie Brose,  Kacy Welty, Joy Litteral, Larry Wellington, Linda Baldridge, Doug Mercer, Kim Kerns, Dustin Cook, Doug Henry, Ginny Montgomery and  Mitch Current.

     All stood and said the Pledge of Allegiance

     The minutes of the previous meeting was given to the Trustees to read prior to this meeting.  Mr. Brose asked if there were any additions or corrections to the minutes and then asked if there were any additions or corrections to the financial statements that were given to the Trustees from the fiscal officer. All stand approved.

     Mrs. Bonnie Brose brought up about the Street Dance being August 20.  PTEC will be serving breakfast at the lodge hall, Hot dogs at the front of the Community Room, Dave Cook will be cooking these and then Supper and pie auction in the evening at the Lodge Hall and on the street corner.

    Mrs. Kim Kerns, mayor of West Mansfield, was here on behalf of being mayor and the community of West Mansfield.  She stated that there is some trouble at the Conservation Club at the shooting range.  There are workers going back to the sewer plant that are hesitant to go back there and do their jobs, because of the shooting.  There has been geese that have been shot and also a car has pulled up and just shot out the window of his car.   This problem was addressed to Kim, that this needs to be made safe.  After she did some investigation, the shooting area is in Perry Township. She doesn’t know where they or us stands but she feels that both government entities need to be on the same page.  She doesn’t know what the next step is to go further with this problem.  She advised that it be shut down until it is made safe.  John said that they talked to Mr. Mike Yoder, Logan County Auditor, today and he told us that the driveway and the shooting range is in Perry Township.  West Mansfield’s Corporation follows the north side of the driveway, along the water, then it makes a left turn and follows the water. So, no way is the shooting range in West Mansfield.  John said that one idea is that West Mansfield could annex it, if they wanted to and then they could be in full control of it.  John and Kim had a paper on the standards for a shooting range.  But, the gentleman, Mr. Matt Newmeier of the ODNR, is who we need to talk to, and he is at the State Fair this week.  But in the ORC it stays that the standards should be abided by.  John had other ORC stating that if you would make the president of the Shooting Ranger Club go by the ODNR rules then our township or the city neither one would be held responsible for what goes on at the range.  But he would have to go by the ODNR rules.  John wanted to know if they ever got a permit?  No one knows or can find one. John wants to talk to Mr. Newmeier.  Mrs.  Kerns stated that she just wants to make sure her workers are going to be safe when they go back to the sewer plant. There are shot marks on the building back there and also on their meters. Kim said that the Logan County Sheriff cannot shut it down and they can’t either.   We need to get ahold of this Mr. Newmeier and see where we go from here.  There needs to be a set of rules put together before we meet with him.  Kim just wanted to make sure them and us were on the same page with this. We need to get our legal counsel in on this as well.    

     Mrs. Joy Litteral, reported that the Log. Co. EMS is going to have a Trama Day on Aug 27 at Ohio Hi-Point.  Also they will be resuming their meetings again next month.  They want to start rotating at different firehouses for their meetings. So, could they use our Lodge for a meeting, all trustees agreed that that was fine.  There will not be any charge for this.

    Joy had a message on her phone from her husband about the water that runs down in front of their house.  We have discussed this several times and this is the county’s problem not the townships. We have talked to the county and the state both about this

And neither will do anything about it.  John said that he will try to get the county down here to talk to Chuck, and have them meet in front of Chuck’s house.  Since Chuck works 2nd shift John will try to set up a meeting around 11 or 12 o’clock. 

    Mr. Dustin Cook had a quote for some water rescue equipment for the fire dept.  It was for basic kit for $615.00 (estimate). It has life jackets, a rescue tube, a throw bag, rope, etc.  It was also brought up about getting a couple of oars for Stalling’s boat.  The fire dept. uses their boat if they need it, but if they aren’t home then the oars aren’t accessible, so they would like to get a couple oars. Jeff made a motion for said purchase, seconded by John.  Brose, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Cook, yes. 

     Mr. Larry Wellington brought up about getting the gas line up Hamilton Street, when will it go up that street.  John talked to the guy and it is going to be going up that street but we don’t know when but it will be going.

     Larry brought up about doing a demonstration on the trucks on garage sale day down at the fire house.  Trustee thought this was a great idea. 

     All the 5” hose has been checked at the firehouse and there was 2- 100’ sections that were bad and 1- 50’ section bad.

    Bonnie brought up that down by the LUC building there is a hole, before the water trough that needs taken care of. 

     Dustin Cook brought up about getting smoke detectors to give out to the residents of Perry Township.  October there is a fire safety week and the fire dept is thinking about doing this for that.  They will discuss this at their fire meeting. 

     Mr. Doug Henry, assist fire chief, the ladder rack for the truck, Sutphen needs to have the truck come down to their shop.  It will go in on Monday, we will take it and then they will bring it back to us. 

    Still have to check out the 3” hose.  They need 200’ of 5” hose. They will let us know about this.

     Doug brought up about gas line training, he wants to get that set up for the dept.

     Doug brought up about the north end of Temperance St. the greenery needs trimmed down, it is towards the cemetery.  Trustees will take care of it.

     Kacy had the paperwork to Cindy for the auto-pulse, and it has been ordered.

     Kacy has been talking to Joe Torsell and the vests on the medic are expired.  It costs between $450- $500 each and we need 3.  They need to get some quotes. 

     On Aug 13 there is a meeting about the radios at the Sheriff’s office for the Trustees and Doug Henry.  John said why can’t they page out on everyone’s cell phone about fires and fire meetings?

    Mr. John Brose brought up about the swimming pools, Brad at LUC wants to meet with us and Dan Ackley about this subject.       

     Mr. Terry Cook reported that they have checked and we have 6 culverts that are bad.  It costs around $6,000.00 a piece to replace them.  We want to check and see if we can use our left over road money from the county for culverts.

     Mr. John Brose brought up about the lock outs on the squad, let everyone know that they don’t drive the squad in the lock position. 

     The light is out on the outside of the firehouse, Jeff will look at it. 

     The gutters have been cleaned out at the park and the township building.

     The community room carpet needs to be cleaned again.  Jeff made a motion to get it cleaned, seconded by John.  Brose, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Cook, yes. 

     Would like to have new lineleoum in the kitchen and the bathrooms in the Lodge Hall.  New trim board in the bathrooms too.  Get some prices before the next meeting. 

     The guardrail is done at the well by the post office.  The septic tank is protected now.

     The meeting at the County Engineers Office is Aug. 31 from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.. 

     Mr. John Brose made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Mr. Jeff Rosebrook.  Brose, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Cook, yes.

 

 TOTAL OF BILLS:    $57,655.96

 

INCOME FOR JULY    $16,521.43

 

     Mr. John Brose made a motion for adjournment, seconded by Mr. Jeff Rosebrook.  Brose, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Cook, yes.