The Board of Perry Township Trustees met in Regular Session on Monday, July 14, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. at the Community Room in East Liberty. Roll Call; John Brose, present, Jeff Rosebrook, present, Terry Cook, present, and Cindy Stalling present. Also present was Bonnie Brose, Dave Frangis, Keith Montgomery, Kacy Welty, Dave Cook, Rhonda Cook, Mitch Current, Larry Wellington, Daina Welty, Debbie Harshbarger Davis, Dustin Cook, Linda Baldridge, Angel Payne, Billy Rings and Dan Ackley. Chairman Brose called the meeting to order and all stood for the Pledge of Allegiance. The minutes of the previous meeting was given to the Trustees to read prior to this Meeting. Mr. Brose asked if there were any additions or corrections to the minutes, then asked if there were any additions or corrections to the financial statements that were given to the Trustees from the fiscal officer. They both stand approved by the trustees. Mrs. Angel Payne representing Logan County Soil and Water was here to give back a % from the recycling center to the Township. Our recycling center has been up and running since 2009. This year they paid back $7.50 per ton that was taken in off of our center. So we got a check for $727.50. We went from 102 tons last year to 97 tons this year. They have opened two new centers this year, one in Zanesfield and one on the north side of Indian Lake. We are very appreciative of the % we get back for the township. . Mr. Mitch Current brought up about the paint on the new engine where it was touched up, still doesn’t look good. On the top of the cab, it’s not good. There is a crater where they welded it together. It’s still under warranty, so maybe we want to get it looked at now. Trustees told him to get a list together of everything that needs fixed and then take it back. We need to get it serviced while it’s there too. It will have to go back to Springfield. Mr. Larry Wellington reported that he received a check for $2,500.00 from the Logan County Co-Op for the grant to get the illuminated green house numbers for the residents of Perry Township. Larry reported that they have canvanced the town and there are 290 residents out of 419 that needs the signs. We will also need to get 50 poles for the signs. Larry is going to get more information before the next meeting about where the rest of the material is going to come from and how much it is going to cost. He would like to have 5’ poles, probably like the fence posts we get from the county. Larry said that it is probably going to cost the township around $2,000.00 to finish up this project. Mr. Brose told Larry that he got the “Little Giant” ladder that he was wanting for the fire department. It is down at the fire house. Mrs. Davis said that she has been talking to Mr. Dan Ackley, zoning inspector, about putting in a small home and removing her trailer. She is checking out her options. Mr. Dave Cook, squad chief, reported that the stair chair has arrived. The squad is broke, it needs a new transmission, and the fly wheel is cracked. It also needs 2 new front tires. All these repairs will probably run around $5,000.00. Do we want to put this amount of $ in for repairs when we are planning on getting rid of the squad this fall/winter? Mr. Cook wanted to know what we are going to do. As it will take around 6 months to get a new squad. Mr. Brose wondered if a company would give us a loaner too use while ours is out of commission. Allen Township would let us use one of theirs for a short period of time. EMS personnel wanted to know if the Trustees were open to purchase of a demo squad. Trustees wanted to know how fast they can get our squad fixed. Mitch has talked to ATS Transmission out of Marysville and he told Mitch that he could have it done in 7 – 10 days. It was agreed upon that if we don’t fix it, we aren’t going to get anything out of for a trade-in. Mr. Kacy Welty feels that there isn’t a proper maintenance program at the firehouse for the vehicles. Mrs. Stalling brought up that it would have to be a State bid or else it would have to be put out for bid. Several of the FF/EMS personnel stated that all the trucks come in under State bids now, that that has changed. Mr. Kacy Welty stated that a demo squad would be cheaper and also have all the bells and whistles and all the bugs worked out in it. He said that we could probably get a demo for around $140,000.00. Chief Montgomery and Chief Cook do not want a demo squad. Chief Cook stated that the cot also needs to be replaced in the squad as well. Mr. Brose asked what kind of a budget they were looking at: Kacy said $180,000.00, Mr. Brose said $170,000.00 and Mr. Rosebrook said $150,000.00 to $160,000.00. After lots of discussion, Mr. Jeff Rosebrook made a motion to fix the squad, seconded by Mr. Terry Cook. Brose, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Cook, yes. This also includes putting 2 new tires on the front of it from TRC. Mitch will call ATS Transmission and get the squad set up; Mr. Brose will call about getting the tires ordered and also call Allen Twp. And see about them getting us a loaner to use while ours is out of service. Mrs. Stalling will call the Insurance company and see how we go about insuring a loaner squad. Mr. Kacy Welty will call the two companies- Braun and Pfund and get the ball rolling about putting together some numbers together for a new squad. There is a new squad committee and it consists of all the EMT’s on the department. Mr. Welty will see if he can get the 2 companies to come to our next meeting with some prices is hand. The radios will also have to be moved in the squads which will be another expense. Chief Montgomery reported about some of the firemen having their turn-out gear at their homes instead of at the firehouse. There is 3 FF who do this- Dave Frangis, DJ Cook and Dustin Cook. These 3 live the farthest away and they bring their gear to every meeting and then take it back home. Chief is okay with them doing this. Chief reported that there is several who needs updated equipment: Dustin Cook- new boots, over 10 yrs. Old Mitch Current- new boots and hat, over 10 yrs. Old DJ Cook- turn out gear- outdated and burned up in truck fire Josh Levan- new member needs all turn out gear Chief has sent all of them up to Fire safety to get fitted. Chief stated that Jeremy Brisson want to join the department. He lives on Hamilton Street. Chief has ordered the carabineers and the rope. Chief stated that the new engine is a year old and they really worked it at the last fire meeting. Chief would like to have a new stamping set to stamp the hose. As someone helped themselves to the set they had. Chief reported that on July 7, 2014 the door over the engine was open, they couldn’t find anything missing. The code has been changed on the rescue. There is a new garage door opener for the grass truck. Mr. Brose needs to go pick it up. Mrs. Bonnie Brose thanked the fire dept. for all their help at the July 5th celebration. She also thanked Dave and Kacy for helping out with her Mom the other night. She also thanked everyone else for all their help. She said PTEC did well. Bonnie reported that August 16th is the Street Dance and they have a band this year. It is the Country Rebels. Mr. Dan Ackley, zoning inspector, reported that Stephanie Roth had a misunderstanding about her pool, with putting a fence around it. He then reported that he talked to Amber Rosebrook about her pool. She needs to put a fence around her pool. Mr. Brose told Mr. Ackley that Jason Smacker has put up a pool too. Mr. Terry Cook reported that the bathrooms at the park have been painted. They also fixed the water/sewer leak at the park too. Mr. Rosebrook commented that the tile was packed full. Mr. Brose reported that he has gotten some complaints about the mosquito man; it’s not really working out. The Trustees are thinking about going and getting their licenses so they can do the fogging. John said we probably need to be spraying at least twice a week. Mr. Brose hasn’t done anything yet about the porta johns. Mr. Cook, Mr. Brose and Mrs. Stalling attended the meeting today at the Log. Co. Engineer’s office about OPWC money for next year. If we are going to be doing any road work next year, that needs to be decided at the next meeting and turned into the Engineer. Time Warner has removed some of their channels and a few firemen would like to have those channels. It was discussed and the firemen at the meeting said that they don’t need a new TV for those channels, they are fine without them. Mr. Brose talked to the Co. Engineer, Mr. Scott Coleman, today about the culvert on T.R.131. It needs to be re-sized and about 40’ long. He will get us a quote to fix this. The pipe down the road is plugged; it needs to be blown out. Mr. Brose will call the Tile man from Columbus and set up a time for him to come out and blow out this tile. John made a motion to hire the tile man, seconded by Jeff. Brose, yes, Rosebrook, yes, and Cook, yes. Mrs. Stalling reported that the Logan County Twp. Association quartley meeting is July 17 at the Belle Center Shelter House with a picnic. Fire Chief reported that the front suction drain on the engine needs to be bigger. Mrs. Stalling had a squad run on a 26 yr. old patient who passed away and the family would like us to write off this squad run for them. Jeff made a motion to write off this run, seconded by John. Brose, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Cook, yes. Cindy will contact Robinaugh and let them know to do this. Mr. John Brose made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Mr. Terry Cook. Brose, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Cook, yes. TOTAL OF BILLS: $57,962.07 INCOME FOR JUNE: $212,352.94 TOTAL OF ELECTRONIC PAYMENTS $5,774.24 Mr. John Brose made a motion for adjournment, seconded by Mr. Jeff Rosebrook. Brose, yes, Rosebrook, yes, and Cook,yes.