Type your paragraph here.

 

                                                          



      The Board of Perry Township Trustees met in Regular Session on Monday, November 14, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. at the Community Room in East Liberty.  Roll Call; John Brose, present, Jeff Rosebrook, absent, Terry Cook, present, and Cindy Stalling present.  Also present was Bonnie Brose,  Dave Cook,  Joy Litteral,  Mitch Current, Doug Mercer, Doug Henry, Dave Frangis, Shawn Schlabach, Jessica Gibson, Aaron Litwin, Sandy Wilcox, Jeremy, Liz and  Joyce Mathys, Linda Baldridge, Dan Ackley, Jim Collins and Reuben Mees.

Chairman Brose called the meeting to order and all stood for the Pledge of     Allegiance.       

     The minutes of the previous meeting was given to the Trustees to read prior to this

 meeting.- Mr. Brose asked if there were any additions or corrections to the minutes,

then asked if there were any additions or corrections to the financial statements that were

 given to the Trustees from the fiscal officer.  They both stand approved by the trustees.

     Mrs. Elizabeth Mathys representing the West Mansfield Conservation Club had some new rules and regulations for the gun range that have taken place in the last month.  She stated that they are waiting on an inspection from the NRA.  She said that the officers have changed and their concern is safety also.  The new officers were not aware of any of this situation going on.  The new officers have temporarily closed it for now.  The members are waiting on a site inspection; there are hunters that want to get their guns and bows sited in before deer gun season opens up.  Mrs. Mathys said that Josh Levan, the village employee that goes out there to the sewer building to work, feels that it is lots better with the changes and he feels lots safer now.  They have also made arrangement with the farmer behind the sewer building, Mr. Van Winkle that they both agreed to.   

      Mr. Brose said that the Log Co Pros Att’y wants the Club to come back to Perry Twp and get a zoning change with our Appeals Board.  Mrs. Mathys said that they are willing to come in and talk to our zoning boards.  We had letters for the officers (Trustees) of the Club stating this, and we are going to be sending them out certified to those officers.

     Mrs. Mathys stated that the Concealed Carrying Weapon (CCW) guys want to use it once a month for class.  This would be OK to go ahead as it will be supervised. All agreed to this.

     Zoning Inspector, Mr. Dan Ackley came into the meeting and Mr. Brose updated him on what we had been discussing with the Mathys.  Mr. Ackley agreed with everything that had been discussed.  

     Squad Chief, Mr. Dave Cook reported that the hospital will no longer sell us drugs.  So, we need to start getting them from Moore Medical Co.  So far we have had 109 EMS runs and 56 fire runs.  Dave said that he hasn’t heard anything from Darin Robinaugh about changing our billing procedure.

     Assist Fire Chief, Mr. Doug Henry, brought up about the water source, were we looking into putting in a well?  Mr. Brose has talked to Mr. Britenstine, as he did one for Ridgeway and it cost them between $17,000.00 to $20,000.00.  Doug is going to talk to them and see if they like their well.

   Chief Henry would like to have some kind of cabinet for the cleaning supplies.  After some discussion, Doug will get some prices before our next meeting.

     Chief Henry stated that the sign “Children Playing” on Temperance Street looks really crappy, is there any way it could be replaced?

     Mr. Brose brought up about the bill for the engine, it was over $11,000.00.  That is outrageous.  John said that from his understanding that the foam is a big part of the problem, that the truck is not getting cleaned properly after a run. A valve was stuck open. Maybe we need to re-train everyone on how to clean it after a run!!    

     Mrs. Joy Litteral brought up about the tree trimmers that were in town recently, were they from DP&L.  Yes, they were.  Joy said that they didn’t know what they were doing.  They knocked down part of her fence also.  The trees that they trimmed look really bad.

     Mrs. Jessica Gibson being advised by Fire Chief, Mr. Keith Montgomery to bring this problem to the Trustees.  So, she is, she has received a written warning from the Squad Chief for wearing flip-flops on a squad run on Nov. 5, 2016.  She is appealing this warning.  Jessica said by our SOP’s you are to get a verbal warning first and she never got that.  Squad Chief said that he gave the verbal warning to all EMS members at the EMS meeting, and she showed up in flip-flops after that.  Jessica said that in our SOP’s it says that all problems are to go before the fire chief and this did not, and she also said that there is not a dress code in the SOP’s about what you can and cannot wear on a run. The warning states that it is a safety issue.  The Trustees had signed a policy stating that all EMS issues go through Dave Cook and Joy Litteral and all Fire issues go through Keith Montgomery and Doug Henry, this policy was signed on October 10, 2016.  By this policy it did not have to go through Keith first.  Jessica stated that the proper procedures were not followed and she would like to have this written warning taken out of her file.  Squad Chief, Mr. Dave Cook said that he would resign first, and he is not willing to remove the warning.  After a lot of discussion from the floor, we will review the SOP’s and make a decision at next month’s meeting.

    We need to re-do and update our SOP’s. Things need to be made clearer in the policy and procedures.   The fire dept needs to make them up and the Trustees can review them afterwards and then be approved by the Log Co Pros Att’y. 

       Mrs. Linda Baldridge wanted to know about her getting her gas line hooked up?  Mr. Brose said that the company was in town today working, so hopefully they will get to her soon. 

     Mr. Mitch Current brought up about getting a heavy duty washer and dryer for the fire dept to wash the turn out gear in.  He had quotes that start at $9,500.00 to $14,000.00.  Only difference is a 30# and a 40# washer.  The one that Doug Hager recommended is $3,527.00 for the washer and $5,599.00 for the dryer.  The washer can do 2 sets of turn out gear at a time and the dryer can hold 4 sets of turn out gear at a time.  From Machinex /Cincinnati for $9,916.00, from Advantage Equipment $16,986.00.  H/M Company has a 30# and 40# washers.  John wanted to know how many actual fires do you have per year.  After some discussion, all agreed with 15.  John figured out with 15 fires per year and 6 firemen showing up per fire, it would cost around $9,000.00 per year per fireman to clean their turn-out gear.  That would pay for the washer and dryer in the 1st year of having it.  So, that would save us money.  FSS would still come out once per year and check out the turn-out gear for repairs.  We would have to put in a 4” drain, so we would have to get a plumber here to do that.  Mr. Terry Cook suggested that we get a water softener before we get this.  If we are spending that much money on a washer and dryer, we should have a softener as well.  Doug Henry is to get some prices before the next meeting. 

     Mr. Dan Ackley, zoning inspector, gave a zoning report.  He wrote a permit for Rob Bibart.  Dan said that we need to get the addresses for the certified letters for the Trustees of the Conservation Club.

     Mr. Mitch Current had a quote for the strobe lights for the grass truck.  $600.00 for labor and $1,100.00 total from Fire Safety Services.  Mr. Terry Cook made a motion for said purchase, seconded by Mr. John Brose.  Brose, yes and Cook, yes.  Mr. Cook reported that he is all for safety.

   It was brought up that the tailgate on the grass truck doesn’t have reflective tape on it.  Fast Track Signs can do it.  Mr. Cook made a motion to get this done, seconded by Mr. Brose.  Brose, yes and Cook, yes.

      Mr. Terry Cook reported that the park is closed.

     Mr. John Brose talked to Dave Frangis about what the class that he recently attended was about.  Maybe the 3 that attended could incorporate some of their information from the class into the SOP’s.

     Mr. Brose reported that the dump truck is still being worked on, hopefully get it back tomorrow.  It is at TRC with brake problems.

    Mr. Cook reported that our tractor should be in by the end of the month.   

   Mrs. Stalling had the paperwork to be signed from the Insurance Company.  Mr. Brose signed them.

     Mr. Cook brought up about the estimates on the Lodge roof.  Mike’s roofing was over $30,000.00, Able Construction for $16,320.00.  Mike’s roofing was going to rip off the old roof and start new, where Able is not going to tear off the old roof. Able has a 7 yr. guarantee for the $16,320.00 and for a 10 year guarantee for $17,700.00.  And $125.00 for permits and permit costs.  Would still need a mason crew to come in and patch up some of the cracks.  We are also getting all new gas line to the LodgeHall, the old line had 10 holes in it.  Mr. Brose also picked up 2 new heaters, one for the LodgeHall and one for the Shop.  After some discussion, Mr. Brose made a motion to accept the quote of $17,700.00 from Able Construction, seconded by Mr. Cook.  Brose, yes and Cook, yes.  Mr. Brose will call Able and let them know.

     We need to get some of the Christmas lights on the tree in the Town Hall yard rearranged.  Mr. Cook will contact Del-Mar Tree service and see if they will come and work on it.

     Not sure what day yet to set up for the lighting of the tree.  Waiting to see when and if Del-Mar can come and work on the light.

     Mrs. Stalling reported that there are several of the townships in Logan County that are being bid out for our audit next year.  We will not be being audited by the State; it will be a private company doing it.    

     The culverts are getting put in.  

    Mr. John Brose made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Mr. Terry Cook

Brose, yes, and Cook, yes.

                                                                                                                 

TOTAL OF BILLS:  $81,017.18

 

INCOME FOR OCTOBER  $20,292.97                                                                              

 


                                                                                                                       

    Mr. John Brose made a motion for adjournment, seconded by Mr. Terry Cook.      Brose, yes, and Cook, yes