The Board of Perry Township Trustees met in Regular Session on Monday,   

June 13, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. at the East Liberty Lodge Hall.  Roll Call: John Brose, present, Kenny Rosebrook, present, JD Gibson, present and Cindy Stalling, present.  Also present was  Jessica Gibson, Sandy Wilcox, Jen Lynch, Brian Schultz, John Stanford, Renee Rosebrook, Jeff Johnson, Connie Johnson, John Raile, Jim King, Elaine King, Kane Gibson, Kaelin Gibson, Jo Lee, Chuck Boudrow, Jenny Boudrow, Jenny Hammer, Jason Johns, Paul Benedetti, Jack Nicholas, Dan Ackley, Linda Coats, Jocelyn Kavanaugh, Brian Kavanaugh, Jim Culp, Luanne Culp, David Daniels, Liz Daniels, Mr. Peterson, Rob Harvey and Daniel Vertucci.     

     The meeting was called to order by Chairman Mr. John Brose and all said the Pledge of Allegiance. 

     The minutes of the previous meeting was given to the Trustees prior to the meeting along with the financial reports.  The minutes and the financial reports stand approved by the Trustees.

     Mr. Brian Schultz, director of the Sewer System had maps showing placement of the sewer project.  This map will be on his website tomorrow.  He stated that it will be presented before the Logan County Commissioners within the next 30 days.  There were numerous questions from the floor.  And Mr. Schultz stated that you do not have to pay the $3,500.00 fee if you don’t hook up to the system.  You would pay at the time you connect if you do so after the initial system set-up.  Brian reported that he wants to get ready and have meetings with the Township’s involved in the projects. He wants these meetings open to the public so residents can bring their questions to him at that time.   He stated that the majority of residents will probably be made to connect.  But, there are exceptions.  He stated that the grinder pump station will be below the ground with a man-hole cover.  Brian said the project is estimated to take  2 ½ years to get it done, he is also still working on getting grant funding.  Brian said they are hoping to start on the project this winter.  He said they will put the roads back as before status, and anything that gets damaged will be put back to the prior state or better.  Brian said there will be notices sent out as to what they are going to be doing and where.  He did say that traffic control will be up to the contractor. Brian said that they have the money to fund the project, but they are applying for grants to help lower the cost to the Residents. Brian answered many other questions from the floor.  Trustees very appreciative of him coming to our meeting and bringing a map and information to us.

     Ms. Jen Lynch of Light Source BP solar project.  She reported that Jackie Kitchen, a developer will be here at our August 8th meeting.  Ms. Lynch reported that their company is putting in a solar project in Liberty Township and Perry Township.  It is going to contain 900 acres,  600 will be used, they received a letter back that the project will probably be just shy of 500. It is 100 megawatts. This project is grandfathered in before change in laws.  This is a different project from the one we have been talking to (Invenergy). This is a utility score solar project.  She stated that it won’t grow any bigger than the original 600 acres. They have not filed an application yet.   Jen just wanted to come and introduce herself to us.

    The 2 solar companies are: Invenergy which involves Perry, Bokescreek and Rushcreek Townships.  The other Company is Light Source and involves: Perry and Liberty Townships. 

      Mr. Kenny Rosebrook brought up about the stump in the Township yard, is Del-Mar coming back to grind it up?  We need to look at his quote to see if it was on his quote or not. 

    Kenny brought up about Lazy H coming in to fix the steps on the Side of the township building to the basement.  They are supposing to coming in next week to start this project.

     Kenny brought up about our meeting in April it was brought up about Mr. Jason Epp going to Medic School at Rhodes State.  The cost of the class is $10,085.00.  Mr. Epp applied for a scholarship from Mary Rutan Hospital and received it.  It was for $2,700.00. It was discussed that the Township and Mr. Epp split the costs.  Mr. Rosebrook want to have a start date and end date on this contract with Jason. It was reminded that we voted to pay for the whole class for Mr. Epp.  Mr. Epp still agrees to work for the Township for 5 years, with a minimum of 24 hours per month.  Mr. Epp works more than 24 hrs. per month.

     Mr. John Brose reported that we used 6 dumpsters on dumpster day.

     Mr. Brose reported that they have removed the bushes along the side of the Township Building.  Kenny and Renee went and got flowers to put in the space, they look really nice.  And we thank them very much. 

     Mrs. Stalling reported that she has re-billed TRC for the Exclusive from March that they have not paid us for.

     Cindy had a letter from the County Commissioners about the closing of the alley for Ginny Montgomery.  It has a date to review the alley and a date for the voting at the Commissioners Office for the Trustees.

     Mr. Gibson reported that the light on the flag pole in the Township Yard quit working. They are working on getting it fixed.

     Mr. Rosebrook brought up about the meeting at the County Engineers Office on July 21.

     Mr. Rosebrook brought up about having a meeting for the purpose of appointing an Ohio Power Sitting Board (OPSB) Ad Hoc Board Member to represent Perry, Bokescreek and Rushcreek Townships.  This special meeting will have to advertised in the Examiner. 

      Mr. Rosebrook brought up about the road ditch on T.R. 132, there has been a lot of erosion from water/rain, that there is hardly any berm left.  He suggested putting in #2 gravel in there and maybe put some cement in there.  Trustees will go out and take a look at it.   

     Mr. Rosebrook made a motion to get new faucets in the office and the library, and would like to have an outside connection put in at the Township Building.  Seconded by Mr. Brose.  Brose, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Gibson, yes. 

     Mr. Rosebrook reported that in North Greenfield Cemetery, to bury Rich Losey there is a tree on the lot and the family would like it removed.  Kenny went and talked to Susan Robson as her family lot is beside this lot.  Ms. Robson was fine with removing the tree.

      Bonnie sent her report in for May.  It was 6 rentals for the Lodge Hall at $50.00, and the Community Room was rented 6 times with no donations.

    Mr. Brose reported that there are 2 evergreen trees in the back part of North Greenfield Cemetery that needs to be removed.  John said they can’t be cut down by us, so he is going to get ahold of Del-Mar Tree Service to do this.  Mr. Brose made a motion as such seconded by Mr. Rosebrook.  Brose, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Gibson, yes.  

      The foundations for spring are done.

     Mr. Brose reported that we need 2 new tires for the squad.  They are $538.14 from Levan’s Service Center, it will need an alignment as well.  Mr. Rosebrook would like to have a quote from some other business, before we decide.

     Mr. Brose reported that he would like to order a dumpster for the July celebration at Perry Park on July 9th.  Mr. Rosebrook made a motion for said purchase, seconded by Mr. Gibson.  Brose, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Gibson, yes.

      The Health District is having a meeting on July 21, Kenny is our representative to attend.

     Kenny reported that he got a call about being on the EMA Board from Helen Norris, and he accepted the position.  He will be attending a meeting for this on Wednesday.

     Mrs. Stalling showed the trustees the file that she had from trying to get on the Treasury Website to report the ARPA money.  She finally got on June 8 and got the report done!!!   There was 17 Townships that could not get on the website.  These Townships were the Townships that accepted the  money at a later date than what was first available.

     Mr. JD Gibson brought up about the recliners for the fire house.  After looking over the quotes and information from the companies, Mr. Rosebrook made a motion to purchase 4 recliners from Fire Station Company.  They are $999.00 each and have the best warranty, seconded by Mr. Brose.  Brose, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Gibson, abstained.

          Mr. John Stanford wanted to inform everyone that he did a research on radon in this area.  This area is very high, he said it should be like a 4 and his house was a 36.  He said there is a home on C.R. 10 that was a 77.  John had a guy come out and fix this problem at his house, and in 4 days it went from 36 to a 1.9.  It costs him $1,700.00 to have this done.  He had the Top of Ohio Radon do this.  He said there is nothing to do to prevent this, as the gas comes out of the ground.

     Kane Gibson is working on a quote for a new Township sign for the Township Building yard.  It will look like the one that is there.

     Mr. Jack Nicholas reported that the PA system at the cemetery on Memorial Day was too low.  He could not hear the service.  He was told that it will be better next year as hopefully Mr. Rosebrook will be there and not in the hospital.

     Mr. Dan Ackley, zoning inspector, reported that there will be a meeting on June 28 for the Appeals Board for a Conditional use permit.  It is for the Sewer project, where the sewer is going to be, it is zoned M-1 and it will need a conditional use permit for a Public Service Facility.

     Jocelyn Kavanaugh stated that the property at the corner of S.R. 292 and C.R.2 looks lots better.  She was told it has sold to a new owner and he is cleaning  it up.  It does look like a lot better.

     Mr. Jeff Patterson and Mr. Daniel Vertucci of Invergency gave an update of the solar project (Fountain Point Solar Energy) that they have applied for.  Mr. Vercutti reported that anything South of S.R. 47 is no longer a part of the project, this means that Perry Township  is no longer a part of the project.  This includes 630 acres and is a 20% reduction in the project.  Daniels said that they will not be using chain link fencing.  They will be using a mesh/wood fencing because of the wildlife.  This takes 84 residents out of the project, but they will still be “on Hold” for 5 years, that changes can be made.  Daniel answered questions from the floor.  We are very appreciative of all the meetings Daniel has attended to answer questions on this project.  

     Mr. Brose made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Mr. Gibson.  Brose, yes, Rosebrook, yes and Gibson, yes.

  

 TOTAL OF BILLS: $87,967.10

 

INCOME FOR MAY: TOTAL  $21,240.39

 

    Mr. John Brose made a motion for adjournment, seconded by Mr. JD Gibson.  Brose, yes, Rosebrook, yes, and Gibson, yes.