The Board of Perry Township Trustees met in Regular Session on Monday,   

May 11, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. by Conference Call due to the Covid-19, lock down by Governor DeWine.  Roll Call: John Brose, present, John Baughman, present, Terry Cook, present and Cindy Stalling, present.  Also present was: Kyle Brugler, Jason Epp, Doug Henry, Kyle Richards, Kevin Moorehouse, Mitch Current, Melony Baker, Jim Collins and Bonnie Brose.

       Chairman Mr. John Brose called the meeting to order and all said the Pledge of Allegiance.   

           The minutes of the previous meeting was given to the Trustees to read prior to this meeting.  Mr. Brose asked if there were any additions or corrections to the minutes and then asked if there were any additions or corrections to the financial statements that were given to the Trustees from the fiscal officer.  Both stand approved.

    Mrs. Melony Baker representing the PTEC Committee was discussing about having the 4th of July celebration or not. She stated that no one has cancelled yet, so as of today it is still on. Mr. Brose reported that we are still under the ruling of no groups bigger than 10 getting together.  Mrs. Baker said that PTEC can go ahead and start planning, and if they need to cancel it, they can.  PTEC will be having a meeting next week at the park, to look things over.  She wants to be kept in the loop as to whether they can go ahead with the celebration or not.

    Mr. Brose reported that we used 9 dumpsters Saturday at our Spring Dumpster Day.  Mr. Brose called IPS Service out of Marysville to deliver 3 more that day.

      The Trustees have not been able to look at the tile behind the firehouse, due to all the rainy weather we have been having.

    Mr. Cook reported that they need to get on the cemetery foundation bases when the weather permits.

     Mrs. Stalling brought up about whether we want to put on the Park levy in the fall or not?  It is a 1 mil and will be a renewal levy.  After some discussion, Mr. Terry Cook made a motion to contact the Logan County Auditor and let him know to proceed with the paperwork to put this levy on the ballot in November, seconded by Mr. Baughman.  Brose, yes, Cook, yes and Baughman, yes.  Mrs. Stalling will contact Mr. Jack Reser, the Logan County Auditor and get the ball rolling.

     Mr. Brose brought up about Retirement on the 3- 24 hr. people at the fire dept., putting this on hold a little longer due to the economy right now.  Mr. Cook and Mr. Baughman agreed to put this on hold.

    Mr. Brose brought up about the sound system for the park.  John has looked it up and said it is a box (mixer) and looks complicated, John contacted the person in Columbus and he called him back.  The amplifier needs to be put in shelter, and then wires run to the speakers.  Mr.  Kevin Moorehouse representing the ELM Boosters reported that they are still waiting on a quote from HBI for the scoreboard that they are purchasing for the Park.  Mr. Brose felt that the control panel for the speakers should be taken home every night because of drawing moisture in the building.  Mr. Brose said it would be a unit to just pack up and take home at night.  The bullhorn speakers they would like, Mr. Brose would like to go to Columbus, see this person, and get some answers to his questions. The company in Columbus is not open right now due to this pandemic.  Mr. Brose would like to table this until next month.  Mr. Baughman and Mr. Moorehouse suggested putting it in the concession stand at night.  Mr. Cook said it should be ok in the concession stand for the summer, but should be taken to someone’s home for the winter months, or Mr. Baughman said store it in one of the Township buildings.  They thought it should take around 2,000’ of wire.  Mr. Moorehouse said that practices are being planned to start  June 1st with games starting June 15th – July 31st.  The season will be done by August.  All associations have purchased uniforms.   After more discussion, Mr. Terry Cook made a motion to purchase the sound system, seconded by Mr. Baughman.  Brose, ye, Cook, yes and Baughman, yes.  The township will own it, so it can be used for other events happening at the Park.

     Mr. Moorehouse suggested we get a representative to come out, look, and see how much wire we would need and any other particulars we would need, and to try one out.

     Mrs. Stalling talked to Peter Stolly of Stolly Insurance about if a firefighter was killed on route to a scene are they covered.  Their own personal insurance would be the primary insurance.

     If the firefighter is injured in a fire scene, their coverage falls back under the BWC.  We need to look more into this.  We need to also check with the Volunteer Fire Fighters Dependent Fund about its coverage. 

     The Memorial Day Celebration has been cancelled this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

     The 4th of July Celebration, we are waiting on the Logan County Health Dept. to make a decision and the Township will abide by their ruling.

     Mrs. Stalling brought up about the alley out in North Greenfield, going back to Ralph Fout’s property, it has grown up and they would like to have us come out and do some trimming in the alley.  Mr. Brose researched this and said we are not allowed to go in, if the alley has been dormant for 21 years. Mr. Brose said that the ORC says that they Township does not have the authority to do this.  They will go out and talk to Fout’s about this.

     Mr. Moorehouse told the Trustees that they are doing a great job at the Park.  The Boosters are looking at working on the field this coming Saturday.  They would like to have a delivery of sand before Saturday.  Trustees are ok with this and will go and get a load.  Kevin said he would like to have a load on the 3rd base side, a load on the 1st base side of pitcher’s mound.  This workday will depend on the weather.

     Fire Chief Doug Henry reported that the squad from Liberty Township that we purchased has been delivered.  Chief said that Bender could reprogram the radio that is in it.  Chief want to put some pictures of it on the Fire Dept.’s Facebook page.

     Chief reported that the department has donated the old Amkus to a fire department down south.  Chief had paperwork okaying the donation.

      Chief had a quote from Sunny Communications radios for $952.00.  He would like to have belt clips, batteries, speaker mics and a portable charger.  After some discussion, Mr. Cook made a motion for said purchase, seconded by Mr. Baughman.  Brose, yes, Cook, yes and Baughman, yes. 

     Mr. Brose reported about getting an architect in to maybe getting a lean to on the side of the firehouse where they park their cars now.  In addition, if they decided to keep the old tanker, this would be a place to put it.  Mr. Cook said Morton Builders built the firehouse and they may have their own architect. We need to look into this more. 

      Mr. Kyle Brugler brought up about the service contract with Life Pak, we renew it every year.  Kyle brought up that if we would go with a 5-year renewal it would save us. Mr. Brugler was going to look more into this, and get a quote.

       Kyle also wanted to know if it was ok to go ahead and start ordering equipment to equip the new, (old squad) as there is probably, a 2 month turn around to getting all the equipment. Mt. Cook made a motion to go ahead and place the orders, seconded by Mr. Baughman.  Brose, yes, Cook, yes and Baughman, yes. It was okayed in March to spend around $55,000.00 to get all this equipment. Kyle is filling out a grant to try to get an auto-pulse for this squad. Mr. Brugler reported that he drove the squad back from Liberty Township and he said it drove ok, it also has new tires, a fridge in it and a radio in it and the monitor mount.

   Mr. John Brose made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Mr. Terry Cook.  Brose, yes, Baughman, yes and Cook, yes.


TOTL OF BILLS:  $113,670.67                    



INCOME FOR APRIL  $17,577.41


    Mr. John Brose made a motion for adjournment, seconded by Mr. John Baughman.  Brose, yes, Baughman, yes and Cook, yes.