The Board of Perry Township Trustees met in Regular Session on Monday, November 11, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. at the Community Room in East Liberty. Roll Call; John Brose, present, Terry Cook, present, John Baughman, present and Cindy Stalling present. Also present was Bonnie Brose, Larry Wellington, Kyle Brugler, Doug Mercer, Doug Henry, Dan Coats, Rhonda Cook, Jim Collins, and Chad Coutts.
Chairman Brose called the meeting to order and all stood for the Pledge of Allegiance.
The minutes of the previous meeting was given to the Trustees to read prior to this
meeting. Mr. .Brose asked if there were any additions or corrections to the minutes,
then asked if there were any additions or corrections to the financial statements that were
given to the Trustees from the fiscal officer. They both stand approved by the trustees.
Mr. Dan Coats reported that he had a lot of feedback that people liked having Trick or Treat on Sunday.
Mrs. Bonnie Brose reported that the County Sheriff’s that were in town on Trick or Treat night said that Crime Watch has really helped this area.
Fire Chief Doug Henry, stated that the new street lights looked good. Doug Mercer, Larry Wellington and John Baughman all like them too.
Chief took a list of things going on at the fire dept up to the Shop for the Trustees to look over.
1) The dept would like to get the Stryker cot for the squad. Both the levies passed, so we should be in good shape. There is another cot made by Furno. After some discussion, Trustees told the Chief to get prices from both companies before our next meeting. Mr. Collins reported that if we weren’t going to get the load system, there really isn’t reason to get the cot. Mr. Coats stated that this cot normally can’t go into the homes. The load system is much easier on their backs. Maybe the dept needs to discuss this at more length.
2) There is going to be some Administration changes made at the dept, Chief would like to meet with the Trustees to discuss some things.
3) The dept would like to a 4 gas detector purchased, we currently have a 5 gas, but they would like to have a 4 gas for the squad. This would run around $800.00 to $900.00. They would also like to have a carbon monoxide detector. Single gas is $200.00 to $300.00. After some discussion, Mr. Terry Cook made a motion to purchase the 4 gas detector and also the carbon monoxide detector, seconded Mr. John Baughman Brose, yes, Cook, yes and Baughman, yes.
4) Chief would still like to have a Security System for the dept. He would like to at least see a locking system on the doors. Can go with keys, card or a fob. That way they will know who comes and goes. Chief will check with the company and get some prices.
5) Get an account at the Grocery Store to buy batteries, etc. Not a good idea to purchase batteries there. Let the Trustees know and they can get them for them.
Chief Henry has attended a couple meetings at the County about squads in the county not getting out the doors. The County has been discussing a district for the squads. Chief Henry has been talking to Chief LuAnn Davis of Jefferson Twp and see about us joining together. We all need to get together and talk. We need to set up a meeting and do some talking. Manpower is the problem throughout the County. Won’t hurt to have a meeting and talk, Chief will set up a meeting.
Mr. Brose brought up about whether we had our new modem at the fire dept or not? Mr. Brugler reported that he has talked to Lisa at Verizon and it is on it’s way. After we get it and it works, we then have to send the old one back.
Mr. Cook reported that Perry Park is closed for the winter and has been winterized.
Mr. Brose brought up about the crack-fill machine bill. We sent 1/3 of the bill to Zane Twp and they won’t pay it. They said they have only used the machine 1 time and they would like to sell their share of it. The bill is for $495.00. Mrs. Stalling could not find the contract that was signed in 2009, Mrs. Stalling is sure it went out with the flooded papers that were destroyed. Mrs. Stalling contacted the fiscal officer at Jefferson Twp and she was going to see if she could find the contract.
Mr. Cook reported the Christmas tree is ready for the Lighting on Dec. 1st. The tree looks really good. Mr. Harvey Grimes is going to be Santa.
Mr. Brose reported that Dumpster Day went well.
Mr. Brose reported that the roads have been painted, the tile on T.R. 129 has been cleaned out. Property Owner Deana Hoyt is very appreciative of the tile getting done.
Mr. Baughman reported that our BobCat had seizures on dumpster day. The bucket went up and wouldn’t come down. We got it checked out and they couldn’t find anything wrong with it. To do a trade-in on a new one, they will give us $13,000.00 on our old one. To get one that is the same size it would be $24,248.00 to get a bigger on it would be $27,787.84. After some discussion, Mr. Brose made a motion to get a new on the same size S595T4 Bobcat Skid-Steer Loader, seconded by Mr. Baughman. Brose, yes, Cook, yes and Baughman, yes. Mr. Brose will call and let BobCat know.
Mr. John Brose moved the following Resolution:
BE IT RESOLVED, by the Trustees of Perry Township that the policy of paying hospitalization, dental and vision insurance for all elected officials and full-time employees will be continued. All policy coverage is to be the same terms and any premium adjustments will be made at the arrival of the next notice of each policy.
BE IT RESOLVED, that if any elected official chooses not to have hospitalization, dental and vision insurance coverage that he/she may so elect to have life insurance instead.
BE IT RESOLVED, that said payment shall be made from the General Fund, Gas Fund, Road and Bridge Fund, Cemetery Fund, Park Fund and Special Fund (Fire) as appropriated.
LET IT BE RESOLVED, that in the event if a change or loss of the now existing coverage the Township would at that time pick up full hospitalization, dental and vision insurance to match the terms of the other official’s policies. Until such time life insurance coverage will be selected if he/she chooses the life insurance policy instead.
Mr. Terry Cook seconded the Resolution, and the roll being called upon its adoption, the vote resulted as follows:
Mr. John Brose aye
Mr. Terry Cook aye
Mr. John Baughman aye
Mrs. Stalling brought up that Robinaugh contacted her and there is a patient wanting to get their bill wrote off. The patient is not a Perry Township resident. After some discussion, the Trustees agreed to do what we have done in the past, the Patient can make payments.
Mr. Brose made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Mr. Cook. Brose, yes, Cook, yes and Baughman, yes.
TOTAL OF BILLS: $79,119.29
INCOME FOR OCTOBER $ 33,785.35
Mr. John Brose made a motion for adjournment, seconded by Mr. John Baughman.
Brose, yes, Cook, yes, and Baughman, yes.