The Board of Perry Township Trustees met in Regular Session on Monday,   

September 13, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. at the East Liberty Community Room.  Roll Call: John Brose, present, Terry Cook, present, John Baughman, present and Cindy Stalling, present.  Also present was: Doug Henry, Bonnie Brose, Melony Baker, Mark Wilson, Kenny Rosebrook, J.D. Gibson, Jay Ackley, Kristy Ackley, Steve Rinesmith, Dan Ackley, Brad Bodenmiller, Ginny Montgomery, Travis Hefner, Sandy Wilcox, Quint Moore, Rhonda Moore, Ross Robson, Matt Wilson, Phil Ross, Neill Robson, Mitch Current, John Stanford, and Jessica Gibson.   

       Chairman Mr. John Brose called the meeting to order and all said the Pledge of Allegiance.

           The minutes of the previous meeting was given to the Trustees to read prior to this meeting.  Mr. Brose asked if there were any additions or corrections to the minutes and then asked if there were any additions or corrections to the financial statements that were given to the Trustees from the fiscal officer.  They stand approved by the Trustees. 

      Mr. Brose invited and introduced Mr. Brad Bodenmiller, from LUC Regional Planning Commission.  Mr. Bodenmiller was here to answer the zoning part of the solar panel farms that are coming into our Township. There is a company that is talking to area farmers about putting these large solar panels on their farms.  Brad was telling about the impact it is going to have on Perry Township.  Brad had a copy of Zoning Text that LUC has put together,  He went over it with us. Brad also said for Perry Township to put this Zoning Text into our Zoning laws is a long process.  It will have to go before the Zoning Commission, have 2 hearings, then go before the Board of Trustees to be approved.  There has been a couple of Perry Township property owners that have already signed with this company.  All the power off of these panels goes to the East Coast.  After answering many questions, and lots of questions that he couldn’t answer because he deals with the zoning end, Mr. Bodenmiller suggested that the Trustees get their questions together and go to the Logan County Prosecutor. Even if we would put this Zoning into law, it would not affect the farmers.  We thanked Mr. Bodenmiller for coming to our meeting and answering the questions from concerned residents.

     Mr. Brose brought up about getting the water softener for the Township Building.  It is $1,650.00 to buy and $30.00 per month to rent.  If we rent and something goes wrong with it, Easton has to fix it.  After some discussion, Mr. Brose made a motion to rent one from Easton Water, seconded by Mr. Baughman.  Brose, yes, Cook, yes and Baughman, yes.

     Mr. Brose brought up about a new roof on the back shelter house at the Park.  We had 2 estimates, 1 from Lee Roofing for $10,400.00 and 1 from Monarch Roofing for $10,230.00.  After some discussion, All Trustees agreed to re-visit this at a later date and to get more estimates at that time.

     Mr. Brose reported that we had 4 members come from the United Way last week and paint the lady’s restroom for us.  Much appreciated And a special thanks to our own Amber Eirich.

     The 2nd squad is back in service.

     We purchased new tires for the Bobcat.

      We paid for our share of the sealing of the black top to the East Liberty Church of Christ to cover the share of our street the continues through their parking lot.

     Mr. Brose brought up about sealing the tennis court at the Park.  He had a quote from Quality Paving for $9,375.00.  Mr. Cook made a motion to accept this quote, seconded by Mr. Baughman. Brose, yes, Cook, yes and Baughman, yes.

     Mr. Current brought that our FCC radio license is getting ready to expire as of 12-8-2021. Bender Communication will re-new it for 5 years for $190.00 for us.

     Mr. Cook brought up that foundation orders for fall pouring has to be in by October 1st.  Flowers off the graves by Oct 1st and can re-decorate on Oct 8th...

     Dumpster Day is Oct 9th at the Park from 8 a.m. to Noon.

     Trustees all agreed to close the park by the end of October.

     Trustees passed the 2 Resolution for the County Engineer for the OPWC money. One was to authorize the County Engineer to prepare and submit an application to participate in the Ohio Public Works Commission State Capital Improvement and/or local Transportation Improvement programs and to execute contracts as required.  The 2nd resolution was the Chief Financial Officer’s Certification of local funds/loan repayment letter.

     We received a copy of the Information for our levy that will appear on the November ballot, from the Logan County Board of Elections.  All Trustees approved it.

     Mr. Kenny Rosebrook was wondering about killing the power for these solar panels if there is a fire.  Chief Henry said he didn’t know if pulling the meter would kill the power or not.  What about venting the roof with these panels on the roof of a house?  Good questions Mr. Rosebrook. 

     Fire Chief Doug Henry brought up that VFIS is having a 2-day emergency driving class.  It is Oct 2 & 3.  It is 8 hrs. per day, $375.00 for 1st member and $200.00 for any members after 1.  He has 2 right now that would like to attend.  We are waiting on a destination to be announced.  Mr. Brose told him to get a count on how many wants to attend and let us know.

     Mr. Mitch Current reported that he is wanting to close the alley between his Mom’s property ( Ginny Montgomery) and his Grandparents property (Ruby Montgomery) on Temperance Street.  It is Alley 3 and has not been used for many, many years.  He went to the Logan County Commissioners and was a told to get the 12 signatures he needed to close the alley.  Mr. Current has done that, he now needs a letter from the Trustees saying we don’t have a problem with the closing of this alley.  All Trustees are fine with this. Mrs. Stalling will get a letter together for the Trustees to sign.

     Mr. Current wanted to know, he will be needing some variances coming up, can they all be filed under 1 variance or will he need to get more than 1 variance?  It is all on the same property,  He was told if it is all at 1 meeting it can go under 1 variance.

     Ms. Sandy Wilcox wanted to know if we could go to direct deposit for our checks, we can not as we are not on the payroll part of UAN.

     She also wanted to know about changing the direction of the flow of traffic at the park,  she thinks we should go the opposite way that we are going now. We put it the way it is now, so that people going to the shelter houses don’t have to go past the ball diamond on their way to the shelter houses.  After discussion, we might try reversing the route for dumpster day.   

     Mr. John Brose made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Mr. John Baughman.  Brose, yes, Baughman, yes and Cook, yes.


 TOTAL OF BILLS   $   80,555.58               




     Mr. John Brose made a motion for adjournment, seconded by Mr. John Baughman.  Brose, yes, Baughman, yes and Cook, yes